I heard the great President of the United World (sic) speak his “mind” yesterday… Yes! I was watching CNN 😉
And a couple of his statements from his address to the “Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce” lingered in my mind… That’s the reason I went to Whitehouse.gov and picked up the Press Release Transcript.
I would like to pick out some statements, and put them forward to you…
- Afghanistan is free. Many young girls now go to the school for the first time in Afghanistan, and the people of America are safer from attack.
- We now see our enemy clearly. The terrorists plot in secret. They target the innocent. They defile a great religion. They hate everything this nation stands for.
- It’s a new kind of war, and America is following a new strategy.
- We’re hunting the al Qaeda terrorists wherever they hide — from Pakistan, to the Philippines, to the Horn of Africa, to Iraq.
- Our resolve is firm; our resolve is clear: No matter how long it takes, all who plot against America will face the justice of America.
- The regime of Saddam Hussein possessed and used weapons of mass destruction, sponsored terrorist groups, and inflicted terror on its own people.
- The choice was up to the dictator, and he chose poorly.
- Since the liberation of Iraq, our investigators have found evidence of a clandestine network of biological laboratories. They found advanced design work on prohibited longer-range missiles. They found an elaborate campaign to hide these illegal programs.
- Who can possibly think that the world would be better off with Saddam Hussein still in power? Surely not the dissidents who would be in his prisons or end up in mass graves. Surely not the men and women who would fill Saddam’s torture chambers, or the women in his rape rooms. Surely not the victims he murdered with poison gas. Surely not anyone who cares about human rights and democracy and stability in the Middle East.
- There is only one decent and humane reaction to the fall of Saddam Hussein: Good riddance.
- Since September the 11th, the terrorists have taken lives — since the attacks on our nation that fateful day, the terrorists have attacked in Casablanca, Mombasa, Jerusalem, Amman, Riyadh, Baghdad, Karachi, New Delhi, Bali, and Jakarta. The terrorists continue to plot and plan against our country and our people.
- The United States did not run from Germany and Japan following World War II. We helped those nations to become strong and decent, democratic societies that no longer waged war on America. And that’s our mission in Iraq today. We’re rebuilding schools.
Also, I thought that there was quite a bit of difference in what the speech reads, and what was actually said (thanks to bloopers?).
The transcript of the speech to say the least comes across a lot more toned down, than it sounded as it was heard live…
Anybody else felt this ?
For full transcript of the speeches, visit:
- Remarks by the President to New Hampshire Air National Guard, Army National Guard, Reservists and Families
- Remarks by the President to the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce